Medical Material Technician
Source: Talent GB
Sanford Federal, Inc. (Sanford Federal) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, economically disadvantaged woman-owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States Sanford. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.Job Title: Medical Material Technician
- Candidate must have a minimum 2.5 years experience with forward logistics, stocking, selecting, and storing supply items
- United States Forklift License with the ability to obtain a license in the United Kingdom
1. Knowledge of governing supply regulations, procedures and instructions.
2. Knowledge of supply functions, operations, program requirements and work methods.
3. Knowledge of warehousing methods, procedures, material handling techniques and of activities such as material receiving, issuing and preservation.
3. Knowledge of basic word processing procedures and function keys to support office operations and produce a variety of documents such as fund letters, memorandums, inserting and deleting text, entering data into a predefined spreadsheet or database, etc. To include Microsoft Office programs, MS Outlook (e-mail), and internet familiarity is required
4. Demonstrate general medical ethics, telephone etiquette, excellent communications and customer service skills.
5. Skill in typing; a qualified typist is required.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
7. Ability to read, interpret and apply reference material such as regulations, manuals, catalogs, records, orders, etc. to accomplish and resolve problems.
8. Ability to use automated processing equipment and systems such as optical readers and scanners.
9. Ability to read and speak the English language, correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to prepare and edit written correspondence, reports, and transcribed material.
10. Will be able to use a variety of skills including assess, interpret monitor, analyze and evaluate inventory records. Also recognize and evaluate conditions outside of guidelines and report to the appropriate level.
11. Work performed will require the ability to work for long periods of standing, sitting, bending and walking. Must be able to lift boxes up to 40 lbs, individually.
- Hardware and Software.
Candidate shall have proficient knowledge with standard office equipment, such as computers, typewriters, copiers, fax machines, telephone systems and office automation systems, to perform a substantial range of office support.
This position will serve as a Supply Technician providing operations support pertaining to medical supply items. The duties will include forward logistics, stocking, selecting and storing medical supply items, supply turn-in, and medical group vehicle care taking. This includes storing, selecting, shipping, pick-up and delivery of general or specialized bulk materials and equipment.
- SPECIFIC SUPPORT SERVICES
Performs a broad range of standard assignments. Perform offloading, on loading, receiving, verifies shipments, and distributing items at all site locations and clinics. Unloads incoming shipments, scan bar codes, or keys receipt information into automated record system. Matches specific item identification by name, stock/manufacture number, letter, code, quantity, or unit of issue on containers.
Performs a broad range of standard storage assignments. Stores, stacks, palletizes, and/or rotates items considering their use, size, shape, quantity, and special handling requirements. Matches, checks, labels, and compares data on storage instruments with materials to be stored against materials already in storage locations.
Performs tasks involved in issuing/shipping items. Selects and assembles items based on priority, type of material, mode of transportation, destination, and type of transaction.
Assists in accomplishing inventories by counting items and properly completing inventory listings and other inventory documents. Provides recommendations for equipment/supply replacement.
Shall utilize systems applications to facilitate resource planning and maximization of utilization and efficiency of available assets to include: inventory management, warehousing optimization, in transit total asset visibility, hazardous material and cargo applications.
Shall provide shipping services to include packaging, palletizing, marking, labeling, staging, load planning, manifest documentation, loading and in-transit visibility of equipment and materials moving through the supply chain aboard military and commercial modes of transportation. The contractor will coordinate the shipment and protection of cargo with special requirements (frozen pharmaceuticals, hazardous, controlled substances, etc.) Shall ensure that hazardous cargo is labeled according to national and international regulations. Ensures all hazardous cargo is properly documented, packaged, and shipped according to all applicable government and military regulations. Operates automated material handling and identification equipment to include mobile stock selectors and electromechanical automated equipment such as high rise automated storage and retrieval vehicles, to move, stack and unstack, load and unload, bin, and position material.
Performs material handling duties, including the use of tools and other equipment, in a safe manner, utilizing safety practices and procedures, and complying with established safety rules and regulations.
Maintains records and documents
Publishes and updates inventory schedules.
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR
3 days ago
Job Overview: SAFRO Corp. is looking to hire a Medical Material Technician to provide logistics support to warehouse and office personnel services to the Medical Logistics Fligh
FAR Government, Inc. - Null, England - Talent GB
Looking for a job with room to grow within? Foundation Building Materials (FBM) , is now seeking Material Handlers at our Surrey, BC location. At FBM</
FBM Canada GSD, Inc. - Richmond, England - Talent GB
Applicants should meet the following criteria: Minimum of GSCE/O level Mathematics and English or equivalent Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use o
Circle Health Group - Northwood, England - Talent GB
Are you seeking your next medical writing role that offers a greater work-life balance by working 4 days a week? If you have some initial writing experience, we are still keen to hear from you. Th
Carrot Recruitment - London, England - Talent GB