Source: Talent GB
Do you have a passion for cooking with fresh, locally sourced ingredients? Do you want to work in some of the most sought-after locations in the South-West? We are now looking for our next intake of chef apprentices, providing a great opportunity for anyone wishing to start a career in cooking.
We are looking for hands-on, energetic individuals who work well within a team and have a passion for food. You may already have some experience in the kitchen, or maybe you just have a desire to start a career as a chef - either way, if you love cooking and are interested in finding out more, we would love to hear from you!
We are passionate about the food we serve in our pubs, inns and hotels. Why not get first-hand chef experience while you learn? Our network of training providers enables us to ensure our apprentices receive an excellent level of support, no matter where they are based. Experience is not essential – all we ask is that you have a positive attitude and the desire to start a career. With over 170 years of heritage, we can provide you with a vibrant and fruitful career in Hospitality!
What does the Chef Apprentice role look like?
Throughout the course of this 12-month apprenticeship you will work with experienced chefs in a fast paced and fun environment, as part of a high energy team. You will also learn and practice a huge range of valuable cooking skills thorough attending off site practical workshops organized by our training providers. You will be expected to practice and perfect your newly found skills when you are back in the workplace. Your practical lessons, and the experience you will gain as part of a busy commercial kitchen team, will enable you to progress onto becoming a qualified chef and an integral member of your kitchen team.
What should a successful applicant expect from this role?
- You will be expected to work within every section of the kitchen, pitching in wherever needed.
- As an apprentice chef, your attendance to all training activities and workshops is essential. You will be responsible for ensuring that you are present at all training sessions.
- In the workplace, you will be responsible for recording your onsite training and will be expected to share this with your training advisor and head chef on a frequent basis.
- You will also learn to understand best and safe working practices in a commercial kitchen and learn how to contribute towards the safe delivery of food to our guests.
- You will learn how to organize yourself and your kitchen section effectively in preparation for a busy service, effectively design and cost a dish from scratch, manage stock and effectively control waste.
- You will also gain a broad range of ‘from scratch’ cooking knowledge and skill, practicing multiple disciplines, from making and baking bread, preparing and cooking fresh seafood and shellfish and a whole lot more.
- As your skills develop, you will be expected to work with top quality fresh local produce, playing a hands-on role in preparing and cooking dishes to the required specification and standard.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role include:
- As part of your role, you will be self-driven and determined to deliver the best experience for our guests.
- You will use customer feedback to improve our service and help develop our food offering.
- You will have a passion to learn from others in your team and offer support to your colleagues across all functions of the kitchen.
- You will bring a positive attitude and energy to the team and understand the value of others in your team
- You will follow process and procedures set out by your Head Chef and the Food Team, to ensure the safe and efficient production of our food offer.
- You will be punctual and well-presented and take pride in your role.
- As an apprentice chef, you will always be on the lookout for dishes that are not to specification or to the required standard
- You will be passionate about improving dishes and will openly share ideas with your Head Chef and your team
- Completion and recording of skill requirements for the apprenticeship standard
- Successful completion of your end-point assessment
Not only will you get to work in a beautiful part of the world, with passionate teammates, but you’ll also benefit from some enviable perks including:
- 30% discount off food & drink.
- 50% discount off accommodation.
- Fantastic training & career development opportunities.
St Austell Family Group is a family-owned business with world class brewing and pubs at its heart. We are proud of our 170-year heritage, independence, and values.
We brew award-winning beers, including Tribute Pale Ale and Proper Job IPA, that are distributed around the world from our state-of-the-art production sites at St Austell Brewery and Hare Brewery.
Our portfolio of 180 pubs, inns, and hotels spans inspiring locations across the West Country, from Bristol to the Isles of Scilly. They are go-to destinations where good times are celebrated with quality food and drink.
Find out more and apply
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, we would love to hear more about you. Simply fill in the short form and we’ll get back to you very soon.
We will deal with your application in the strictest of confidence and welcome applications from people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions, and sexual orientations, who are authorised to work in the UK.
3 days ago
Chef - Truro Exciting opportunity for an experinced Chef to join an outstanding team and become part of one of the most successful restaurant groups in the UK. <
Loungers - Truro, England - Talent GB
About The Role Are you passionate about food, do you have an eye for emerging trends, are you enthusiastic about local fresh ingredients and driving sustainability in the ind
Falmouth University - Penryn, England - Talent GB
Chef de Partie Our passionate team are seeking an ambitious Chef de Partie to join their busy kitchen. Situated on the edge of Newquay town and enjoying stunning
Fort Inn - Newquay, England - Talent GB
Sous Chef Job Description: The Barrowfield Hotel Kitchen is looking for a target driven individual to join our team but also lead it alongside our Head Chef. Preparing vegetables,
Daish's Holidays - Newquay, England - Talent GB