Source: Talent GB
Job Number 21111170
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, 140 Park Lane, London, London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Start Your Journey With Us as a Door Person at London Marriott Park lane
This 5-star hotel is situated in the centre of London's West End, on the corner of Oxford Street and Park Lane. Overlooking Hyde Park and once a stately apartment building, the London Marriott Hotel Park Lane is close to all of the city's most famous attractions, theatres and shops. Marble Arch London Underground Station is just metres away and offers easy access to any part of the city.
We are part of Marriott International, the world's leading, award winning, hospitality company with more than 6,700 properties across 130 countries and territories worldwide.
We are now recruiting for an experienced Door Person to join our five star, luxurious hotel. Work alongside a fantastic team and enjoy a world where career progression opportunities and world class training are available to you.
Greet and escort guests to rooms. Open doors and assist guests/visitors entering and leaving property. Inform guests of property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities. Identify and explain room features to guests (e.g., use of room key, mini-bar, ice and vending areas, in-room safe, valet laundry services). Transport guest luggage to and from guest rooms and/or designated bell area. Assist with luggage storage and retrieval. Assist guests/visitors in and out of vehicles, including assisting guests with loading/unloading luggage. Supply guests with directions. Arrange transportation (e.g., taxi cab, shuttle bus, limousine/sedan service) for guests/visitors, and record advance transportation request as needed. Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors.
Follow all company policies and procedures, and report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional and maintain confidentiality of proprietary information. Welcome and acknowledge all guests, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Move at a speed required to respond to work situations (e.g., run, walk, jog). Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds with assistance. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and/or service ramps. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Maintain awareness of suspicious persons on property premises.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move at a speed required to respond to work situations (e.g., run, walk, jog).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds with assistance.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Tag, store, and retrieve luggage from luggage storage, providing guests with proper claim tickets for their luggage.
Why Work for us as Door Person
In addition to the benefits you would expect being part of a brand of our calibre, you will also be offered:
- A unique opportunity to be part of an award winning international brand where we celebrate your unique talent.
- Part of Marriott International, the largest hospitality brand in the world- this means national and internal promotion opportunities for the right candidates. The sky is your limit here.
- World class training and development programmes tailored to enhancing your skills and help you grow within the Marriott family.
- Work alongside some amazing talent- award winning, experienced hospitality professionals
- Discounted room nights, meals, and spa access-because your wellbeing means so much
- Access to fabulous and flexible benefits to help you in and out of work- including health and life assurance
- Access to major high street discounts so you can treat your friends and family as required
What we’re looking for
- Previous experience working within a 5* hotel or similar environment preferred
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active, reliable and flexible
- Able to work alone and within a team
Education or Certification
- Good command of the English language essential
- Able to work alone and manage a small team
You’re welcome here
Our highest priority is making you feel as welcome as our guests. We want you to know you’re important to us and that you’ll make an impact in your role, and for that, you’ll be appreciated and valued.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
3 days ago
Door Person - Ham Yard, London We have an exciting opportunity for a Door Person to join our highly successful team here at Ham Yard Hotel. To be successful in this role you will
Firmdale Hotels - London, England - Talent GB
Door Person, Hilton London Bankside The Door Person role is a key member of the hotel team, often as the first and last point of contact for all our hotel guests
The Splendid Hospitality Group - London, England - Talent GB
Our client are a successful Industrial Door Company, specializing in the Installation, Service & Repair of all types of Industrial Doors across the South of the UK. Based from offices in Essex, th
Get Staff - Grays, England - Talent GB
Automatic Door Technician £31,000 - £33,000 (Paid Door-To-Door) + Overtime (x1.5 Then x2) + Callout Premium + Van + Progression + Training + Excellent Company Benefits</ s
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd - Guildford, England - Talent GB