Networks & Cyber Security Engineering Specialist
Source: Talent GB
Our purpose is to use the power of communication to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities.
This role exists to provide specialist technical support on complex network security and cyber security deployments for any and all of our UK secure contracts. Building intermate working relationships and trust through effective communication and meeting expectation and deadlines is key. Liaising with customer representatives or vendors and directing other support staff where appropriate will form part of the role.
Additionally, the support of new products and services is an important part of keeping pace with the industry and customer requirements and allows BT to maintain market position as key supplier of services. The role holder will therefore be expected to provide support in this area, working with confidence and initiative and applying excellent self management in order to promote successful outcomes.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• To deliver aspects of a Security procedure, and/or process for BT that support the security strategy and policy and takes into account risks and appropriate legal and regulatory constraints
• Provide leadership on all ITIL process and be a decision maker within a defined scope responsible for ensuring that mitigation controls and incident response are appropriate and delivered in a professional manner and against relevant SLA/timescales.
• Develop Analysts within the team through Mentoring and leadership providing trustworthy honest feedback.
• Incident Management decision maker within a defined scope responsible for ensuring that mitigation controls and incident response are appropriate and delivered in a professional manner and against relevant SLA/timescales
• Providing security advice and consultancy to Lines of Business within BT and external customers,
• Supports & own the output of any security compliance reports from the Information Assuarnce team that are security affecting.
• Produce and support polices, functions and configuration builds to allow implementation of customer projects.
• Complete and own integration testing on new products and services, producing all relevant supporting documentation
• Attend meetings on behalf of the team leader and line manager.
• Ensure full awareness of the need to safeguard sensitive customer information at all times, so that customers perceive BT to be a trustworthy organisation.
You'll have the following skills & experience
• External Professional Certification in Security Related discipline e.g. Cisco CCNP, Checkpoint CCSE covering the following key technologies
o Cisco ASA & FirePower
o Cisco Network (IOS)
o Cisco ISE
o Palo Alto
• Intimate knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP & OSI seven-layer model and how data networks are structured and operate.
• Ability to hold and maintain relevant security clearance for required role.
• Coach and develop EMS staff on Security best practices and support high performance culture through transfer of expertise knowledge to enhance BT and customer security posture.
• Define, maintain, govern and support EMS security local supporting policies, processes and procedures.
• Support sales channels in customer bid and delivery requirements for customer contracts.
• Competitive salary
• 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
• 10% on target bonus
• Pension scheme
• Shares Plan
• Flexible benefits: cycle to work, childcare vouchers, healthcare, etc.
• Discounted BT products
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about
3 days ago
Infrastructure Cyber Security Lead Halifax, West Yorkshire Competitive Salary + Benefits Our core focus at Marshalls is 'Creating Better Spaces'. We are a Superbrand synonymous with qual
Marshalls - Halifax, England - beBee S
Cyber Security Consultant Bradford £45-50k + Car allowance + Bonus Our client is a leading technology services provider in the UK. They are looking to recruit an exceptional Cybe
Penguin Recruitment - Bradford, England - beBee S
Employer description: With more than education professionals and enthusiasts in our online community using over 900k classroom resources and working relationships with 25,000 sch
QA - Sheffield, England - Talent GB
Unser Auftraggeber Unser Kunde ist ein international führendes Unternehmen für IT-Systeme in Gesundheitseinrichtungen. Über eine Millionen Gesundheitsprofis in über 50 Ländern der Welt, nutzen die Sof
Meyer Associates Gmbh - Deutschland, Germany - Jobs-Search.org